The Emmanuel College community eagerly awaits our post-pandemic return to campus. With the Toronto School of Theology (TST), our primary organizing principle is to provide access to classes and extra-curricular opportunities that allow students to make progress with their degrees, and to engage with their fellow students and college communities. While we expect improved public health conditions in 2021-2022 due to vaccine rollout in the coming months, we anticipate a continued need for some level of remote delivery in response to public health constraints.
In light of this, Emmanuel College is planning for the following:
- To provide for remote access to most courses in the fall 2021 semester.
- To work with students, including those who anticipate healthcare-based practicums, to fulfill curricular requirements in appropriate ways.
- To communicate decisions about the scope of remote access for future academic terms in consultation with the University of Toronto and public health directives.
- To program in-person co-curricular, spiritual and community life activities as public health conditions permit.
- To work with our librarians to make research access available.
For graduate students:
- To ensure that the TST graduate cohort courses (TSJ5001H, TSJ5021H & TSJ5022H) will be delivered remotely in Fall 2021 (as well as TSM5020H & TSM5022H for Summer 2021).
- To offer a variety of in-person courses through the TST to enhance the campus experience for students in Toronto.
- To consider graduate students who participate in classes delivered remotely as a result of the COVID pandemic measures, and who maintain academic connections with the TST and their home college though electronic communication, meet the program requirements as stated in sections A7.1.2 and A6.5 of the GCTS Conjoint Degree Handbook.
These unusual circumstances have created the opportunity for renewed ecumenical engagement as students access a range of course and co-curricular offerings across the Member Colleges.
- Students may use the searchable course catalogue to find TST courses, which will indicate the delivery method by the section code: 0101 (in person), 9101 (remote delivery), 6201 (online-synchronous) and 6101 (online-asynchronous). Check with you advisor or program director, as permission may be required for curricular requirements.
- Students are also encouraged to subscribe to the social media feeds and e-newsletters of the College to keep abreast of opportunities to build community: